Thursday, August 16, 2007

More Kara Lewt

Over the past few weeks, our group of Kara regulars have pretty much turned the first half to farm status. It's nice to rotate in some of newly keyed members for Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, etc. and see them get some really nice gear upgrades. Going from greenies and quest rewards to purples has got to be exciting for them, but there is a part of me that is sad that they are missing the experience of grinding 5-mans for D3 and faction rep. Or maybe I'm mistaking sadness for jealousy. Either way, it's refreshing to know that before long we will be moving on to 25-mans. I've only been playing for about a year, and the closest I ever got to end game content was a couple of MC runs.

Last night we grouped up for Opera through Chess, and cleared flawlessly without any wipes or even any major resistance. We got Romulo and Julianne, they went down like the emosexuals they are, and I got my dagger! Here it is in all of its socketed glory (with a touch of Mongoose to boot).


This is, in my opinion, the best available offhand dagger for a Combat Mutilate build. Very high top end damage without sacrificing too much speed, AND it adds a wonderful element of stat customization.

Another positive that came from last night was the new Rogue our guild recruited last week. While his Mutilate build needs a bit of work (in the Combat tree) to better optimize his white damage, he still put out massive amounts of sustained dps. He was very good watching his threat, payed attention to when he needed to stun his target, and had an overall well rounded understanding of his role in the raid. Being the class officer for Rogues in our guild, this makes me happy. Oh yeah, he hooked me up with a good portion of the materials I needed for the Mongoose enchant!

It was a good night, and I can't wait to get back to Aran and hopefully take another shot at Prince this weekend.